Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I love yoga!!!


I just have to say. I love teaching yoga. I love taking yoga classes. I had some friends come take my class on Monday night and it was HILARIOUS watching everyone try to get in crow plank. It's really an easy pose so I was a little embarrassed I wasn't explaining it well enough for them to understand... anywho, here is my yoga library of some of my favorite arm balances! They're sweet. I like to use these to my advantage, if I feel that conversation is going bad with someone, I just whip myself into side crow or peacock pose and continue conversation. That'll show 'em. 







Good ol' crow pose. Slowly lift one toe off at a time until you feel balanced in your hands. Spread your fingers! Come out backwards if you feel like you're falling


Side crow trying to get into a cool grasshopper pose but couldn't. For side crow bend your knees for balance. 




I cannot believe I got a picture of this. I can barely do it. PEACOCK POSE.



Try these out! They're soooo fun and really easy (besides peacock, that hurts my wrists....) it's just hard understanding how to get into them. 

NAMASTE!

-Donica

P.S., I'M ALMOST HOME!!!!!! YAY! I had finals drama but everything has worked out fantastically and the end of the semester is here. PRAISE THE LORD!


P.S.S. check out these guys! They do slackline yoga on campus! They're called yogaslackers and are also a part of the Northern Heights Rock Gym here, which I want to start climbing at and taking yoga at. So cool!

No comments: